February 9, 2016

Valentine: Cheap and Cute

The Dollar Tree makes me happy.  Anyone else? There is something about walking through the local Dollar Tree, especially when there is a holiday fast approaching! It is a store FULL of teacher treasures! Wouldn't you agree? This weekend I went and found heart shaped crazy straws.
I pretty much squealed when I saw there were 6 in a pack for a dollar. I may only teacher First Grade math, but I knew pretty quick that meant CHEAP! I love CHEAP and I love CUTE. This was definitely BOTH for our upcoming classroom Valentine Exchange. Candy is great (Reese's pieces are my favorite, lol!) but they get so much of it and well, this was something a little bit different.  I grabbed 4 packs and before I could even get myself home, my brain was already thinking of a little saying and how I could attach it to the straw. I came up with a few sayings, but I kept coming back to this one: "I am CRAZY over how SMART YOU are!"
Once I printed them out, I just punched two holes and slipped the straw right on through. Viola. Done! If you need something to give your kiddos for Valentine's and you like this idea - you can get a copy here. Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment