April 26, 2016

Give Your Nose A Treat!

I struggle with grading papers in a timely fashion. There, I said it. I put them in my teacher bag and more times than I care to admit, they come back to school the next day, untouched. I kick myself because when is there time during the day to grade them? Never. So, I came up with this idea to help me do more of my grading in the classroom and it has helped! The answer: Mr. Sketch Scented Markers…or the latest and greatest, Mr. Sketch Scented GEL CRAYONS!!
I loved the Mr. Sketch Markers, but these little darlings are even better and smell even more fabulous! I take one out and make a big deal about it as I carry it around. I say something real dramatic like, "Guess who I have? I have Mr. Blueberry and if you have done your (insert assignment) oh so carefully and completely,  I am going to give your nose a treat!" The kids squeal and if they have not already finished it, they quick get back at it because they know...I will only walk around for so long until it gets put away. LIMITED EDITION you know! I walk quickly around, scan and check. If it is correct, neat and complete I draw smiley face.
The kiddos pick up their paper and smell the scented smiley! A little more smelling goes on as they walk their paper on over to their "mailboxes" where it sits until the end of the day. I am happy because that means it is NOT GOING IN MY teacher bag for me to take home and grade! 
Misson Accomplished.
Here is Mr. Blueberry….and there are 12 more where that one came from. I am one happy teacher and that makes one happy class of firsties and kinders too!

No comments:

Post a Comment